
They are an American film and tv production/distribution company who distribute a wide range of genres from children films to horrors. I took a closer look into the genre of my film to find out how successful these types of films have been whilst being distributed by Paramount pictures.

From looking into this genre I found out that some of the films were distributed through Paramount Pictures smaller company, DreamWorks Pictures.
Firstly I found The Ring. The ring is a film based around a tape which, if watched, will kill you 7 days later. In this film we see a woman and her daughter trying to find the real meaning of this tape and trying not to be killed by it. This film was very successful and won many awards as well as much success in the box office opening a way forward for American remakes of Japanese films.
Next I researched into the franchise, Friday The 13th. These are all distributed by Paramount Pictures and were obviously very successful as they were able to make 11 films after the first one. It is known to be the most-profitable slasher film in cinema history.
From this research I have done I have come to a conclusion that I think either Paramount Pictures or DreamWorks Pictures would be interested in my film as it is like some of the films they have already distributed and I think that it would make as much success for them as the films they have already created.
No comments:
Post a Comment